Al-Tarf

Friday, November 11, 2005

At Last...!

Salaam,

I have Finally found myself an internet ready computer..! Its still quite funny tho as this "internet cafe" consists of 1 computer and the 'o' key doesnt work so im having to paste it from elsewhere all the time...

Anyway Alh iv got here in good health. Its been 6 days now i think and already quite a lot has happened. My daily programme so far has been basically visiting relatives all day [i think i have only got through a quarter tho...] and going to the bazaar in the evening. Alh the weather is Beautiful as its around 25c everyday with a nice breeze and is cool at night.

6 days in, im now drinking 5 cups of tea and eating paan 5 times a day but i am still in my trousers [instead of a lungi...]. Im still getting used to Everyone staring at me though, being a foot taller than everyone and having a little band of kids follow me whereever i go. I went to the main mosque the other day and got stopped by the police which wasnt fun...i had to 'prove' that i was bengali and then he let me go.

Anyway must dash as iv just realised this isnt a proper internet cafe but the guy is doing my relative a favour by letting me use his computer..will give a proper account later iA

Hope everyone is well iA

Salaam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home