Al-Tarf

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The End

Salaam,

Today was my last day at Qasid… :( We were supposed to go in at 10am to get our grammar results and to go over the exam, but I woke up late...anyway I made it for the 11am presentation session where the people who were leaving received their certificates and everyone said Au revoir (wait a minute, that’s French isn’t it..?) to the teachers and the other students who were leaving.

Now I have a few days to relax in Amman and then inshaAllah Friday night (or Saturday morning should I say since my flight is at 4:30am) I go on to Istanbul. A couple of the brothers have gone again to Wadi Rum to do two days of camel riding through the desert and then will go on to Aqaba to do some diving – although the camel riding seemed interesting I thought it would involve far too much effort and so gave it a miss but may well join them in Aqaba for the diving. I'm also planning to inshaAllah go to Jerash where there's supposed to be some really good Roman sights to see and also to the Dead sea…just 'cos I think it'll be a shame if I didn't see this pretty famous landmark since I'm in Jordan.

In other news we had Huuuge dinner party typy thing last night where all the Qasid students, teachers and local Shuyukh came to celebrate Sh Iq's finishing of Hifz and also I think it kind of became an end of Qasid party too. Alhamdulilla the food was fantastic…yes arab food was good!. I've never really been a fan of proper arab food (Shwerma is Not Arab) but yesterdays stuff was good (Mansaf and this dish called Bukhari…). And a few days ago this Egyptian bro invited all the departing bros for a meal to his house and again the food was amazing…but I think the food was Syrian here as his wife is originally from here so sorry egyptians. And the Deserts! Oh My God! The deserts. That’s one thing I have to give to the arabs, their deserts are pretty crazy

Ok, I'm waiting for some pictures of Qasid and the local area I took a while ago to load up but this computer is Soooo slow..so i'll put this text up and the pics will come later iA.

Salaam
Ps, Oh yeah, some good news - Im going to be famous! Lol…This bro commented on the blog asking if he can use one of my pictures from when I visited the Nabi Harun site for the cover picture of his book he's publishing soon…! How cool is that! Ok it aint All that but still…not as cool as a friend of mine who did economics with me at Cambridge who's been asked to write a book…

3 Comments:

  • You know I can't live with such a discrete mention... I'll be expecting you to buy several copies of my book as presents for the brothers you have met on your travels...

    Keep up the good work and don't forget to visit: www.abstracting-from-reality.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 PM  

  • The "brothers"...LOL, ur picking up the lingo man, good stuff

    And another plug for your site...! I'll have you know i've added it to my list of blogs i recommend on the left side of the screen

    Hope the birthday thing goes well...

    By Blogger Me, at 4:55 PM  

  • i meant right side..

    By Blogger Me, at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home