Al-Tarf

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Fez

Salaam,


Yesterday was quite stressful. I got into Fez around 3pm and got to my hotel only to find that it wasn't around 200 Dirhams as i expected, but 450 Dirhams (unfortunately for me the music festival is until today so everything has doubled in price for the week)

Since this was outside my budget i dragged my 35kg of luggage (this has by Far been the biggest problem..i don't know how i've amassed all this since i came to Jordan with 25kg and have already shipped to the UK 30kg of books).Anyway i went to two other nearby hotels but they were fully booked. So in the mid-day heat i decided tha i couldn't be bothered going to another hotel so would stay at the expensive one for one night and find something more appropriate for the next two days later.

I then went to the main souk looking for a few of the sites but ended up getting ridiculosly lost. The souk in Fez is infamous for being huge with over 9000 little paths and alleyways ging in every feasible direction. And whenever i asked anyone for directions they'd take me there and then want money off me (i refused to pay one guy for literally taking me to the end of the road...and boy was he angry!)

So i prayed maghrib in one of the mosques in the souk and then with it dark outside and me stuck in the middle of nowhere, i thought Hmmmm...how do i get back to my hotel..?? Somehow or the other i got back ni one piece and just collapsed on my bed at the end of a very exhaustive day

This morning i did manage to find another hotel which was pretty nice (OK, it doesn't have a swimming pool and fountains but who cares right)

Off to watch the football now....come on En-ger laaaaand....!!!


Salaam

ps, just to let you know that you should be thankful for all these posts...all the keyboards here are the french type (those damn froggies) so all the letters are in a different order e.g. the w is where the z is etc...so apologies if there are more typos than usual...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home